How to find your PC
It is very easy to
locate the PC (pubococcygeus) muscle, also known as the pubococcygeus, or the PC muscle. One way
is to abruptly stop and start the flow of urine.Another way is to
insert a finger inside the vagina and squeeze your muscles. When you
feel pressure around your finger, you are using the correct muscle.
Exercising with the
- Lie down on your back with one or more pillows
under your head and relax. Bend your knees with both feet flat.
- Relax your muscles and insert the ÉNERGIE™ (you may want to
lubricate it) placing it just inside the vaginal opening. Insert which
ever end feels more comfortable to you. However, we recommend you start
by inserting the larger heavier end, as this allows the smaller
weighted end to hang out, providing less weight resistance for
beginners. After working with the larger end inserted for a period of
time, and muscle strength has been increased, insert the smaller end to
give greater weight resistance for more advanced “Kegel work”.
- Take a deep breath, and as you breathe out, pull
the pelvic floor muscle surrounding the ÉNERGIE™ up, as if you’re
trying to pull something in. Hold for thirty seconds and then release.
Then pull up again. Do ten repetitions.
- NOTE: Simply “squeezing” or “contracting” may
not engage the correct muscles. Imagine pulling the ÉNERGIE™ up towards
your belly button. This is how to engage the pelvic floor muscle.
- Notice how the ÉNERGIE™ reacts as you exercise.
You will feel how the barbell responds in your hand when you engage the
- Continue with this process until you achieve
full penetration. This allows you to exercise the different layers of
the pelvic floor.
- Be sure to relax your pelvic floor between reps.
It is equally important to relax these muscles as it is to engage them.
Exercise using the
ÉNERGIE™ as described above for approximately 5 to10 minutes a day for
the first two weeks. (Don’t be surprised if your muscles get tired when
first beginning these exercises.). Then for just five minutes every
other day, to keep your pelvic floor muscle strong and healthy.
A list of the
benefits the Natural Contours® ÉNERGIE™
- Helps to reduce and/or prevent incontinence.
- An ideal way to exercise before or after
- A simple way to gain control over your pelvic
- Comfortable and safe to use.
- Five to ten minutes are all you need to stay in
- Toned muscles help women maintain an active and
healthy sex life.
- Convenient storage box included (keep right next
to your bed, the perfect reminder to exercise regularly!).
Instructions: Simply wash
your natural contours ÉNERGIE Kegel exerciser with hot water and mild
Vaginal Muscle Trainer